Monday, August 15, 2011

Part time Jobsssssssss

Well, it's ending soon.






Here is a question for you.


What will you do,
.
.
.
If you have....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

8 solid months of HOLIDAYS ??


Well, not everyone can have this chance you know, except you were taking STPM and going for local Uni like I do. I admit I did complained about it and thought it is a waste of time. The STPM result was revealed at the end of Feb and we can only enroll into Uni in Sept. So that's sums up to 8 months of holidays for us. In fact, I think I did spent the time wisely for taking some part time jobs, earned some money. Proudly to say that I do not take any pocket money from my parents since January!! Meanwhile, went for some outings with mua friends and also visited Yiyi in KL. Good food and shoppings are inevitable in my case. Dramas, movies, korean variety shows and novels did a pretty good job in killing my time.

Here is a summary of what I did for the past 7 and a half month of 2011 :D
  1. Part -time Jobs.
  • Customer Sales and Service Assistance in Pathlab.
When I came back from Taiwan, I went for a job-hunting for jobs like this, where my knowledge in sciences will come in handy. I targeted on some Health screen Centre or becoming an assistance in Pharmacy. I saw they were hiring in Pathlab and I gave a try on it. Lucky me, I got it and worked there for 3 months. The title of the job basically explains the nature of my work there. Explaining the packages of the screening tests, explaining the results of their tests (those normal ones, without any abnormalities). My knowledge in Biology came very useful in this aspects. I also suggested some appropriate supplements for potential customers. This was when your communicating skills came in handy. The other workers there were quite friendly though, but there were some harsh time for me, because I was not familiar with their systems and also some office works. Eventually I quit because the pay was relatively low compared to other part-time jobs and yup, I was bored with the job already. Still, I think I learned a lot from this job and I am thankful for the workers there, especially Kak Wan for being patient with me and taught me about the chores in Pathlab.

Kak Wan, thank you for everything :)



Spot the CNY deco made by angpau?
Made by me!!!!

  • Substitute Primary Teacher
Earlier on, I've applied a post as substitute primary teacher. Then I got it around late March after I've quit my job in Pathlab. Lucky for me, I taught in Pei Chih, not Chung Hwa. Well, I knew all the teachers in Chung Hwa, that would be scary for me teaching there. I only worked for a week there because I worked for Happy Simcards in April. Although the period of me teaching was short, but I found out crystal clear that I can't be a teacher. A week is still okay for me, but I couldn't imagine teaching for what, 20 years? Hell to the NO. You know why? Kids nowadays are different. Standard 6 students uttering four-letter-words like 'Fuck you' and etc. Standard 2 kids are like mad people, running all around and screaming. Cane does not make wonders like it did during old times. I was assigned to the brilliant standard 2 class, teaching Chinese and Music and standard 6 's Mathematics. Well, I did have a pretty good time there cause HELLO, it's me being the teacher, meaning of course I could control the kids and there are no ways they can climb up to my head. But I confessed that I faced some difficulties too as I was asked weirdd questions by those 8 years old like 'Is there ghost in this world teacher?' or ' Why should I love my parents?' Not to forget teaching those 12 years old in simplifing fractions. Hello? It's almost natural to simplify fractions in Maths right? How on earth I know HOW?

Anyway, here are some cute photos of my Standard 2 students.

Aren't they cute??


Smiling like angels, Act like demons.


*Shy*

  • Happy Promoters
It's not working for me. It's a month time, chit-chatting with Hau Heong, Ping and Yibi. At first, we were so inspired and worked hard to sell those dirt cheap simcards. 5 simcards for merely RM12, with altogether credits worth RM 25. Starting in the 3rd week, 4 of us were getting lazy and fooling around all the time. That explained the whole PINK photo album in Facebook---- The Fantastic Four huh? Muahhaha.

  • Lastly, Promoter and Merchandiser for Teh Boh.
Worked for being Promoter for one month and Merchandiser for 1 an a half month. Merchandiser meaning I have to go 6 malls a day, 3 days per week for arranging Teh Boh's products. If the stocks are insufficient, I have to take them from the stores, price tagged them and inform my salesman about the insufficient products. This job can be very tiring, but it's worth it as I wanna lose some weights. God knows how heavy those cartons of tea leaves are!!!!


My sampling booth.
The product that I was promoting is 3-in-1 milk tea. Quite nice to be frank, but too sweet for some health conscious senior citizens I guess .

Nicely arranged by the responsible merchandiser.


My opponent, none other than LIPTON Tea!!



Besides earning money, I do think that I leaned quite a lot during my working period. Though sometime I do hate when some relatives saw me working and asked me the same ques over and over again ' wa, so fast working dy arr??' ' Why dun want studying dy?'. Learned a lot of the outside cruel working world. Those stressful lifestyle like hitting targets for sales or regular working lifestyle, do not like to stay there but can't leave cozz of MONEY.....bla bla bla. Deep down I am thinking, that's the life that I will have in the next 3 or 5 years ahead. And the sad thing is I have to have this life till the day I retire. Well, let's say 20 years? 30 years?

Hmmmpphh...I better get a master and have 2 years of fun studying, before enter the monotonous working world. Wokey, this post is too long dy I think. Probably will blog again tmr out of boredom again I guess.

Till then, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment