Monday, September 28, 2009

23.08.2009

It was indeed a typical tiring yet happy day.

Rainbow, ping, wei chen, beh, xin jie, cheng wei and I were supposed to meet at school before we went to do our advertisement at 9.30 a.m sharp. Who knows that bulu, (sorry cheng wei) was so so late and when all of us were going to scold him, beh reminded us that we can’t do so because he was the driver and we were going to use his car.(Avanza ma..all of us can squeezed in it) Okay. Fine. Then, the two ‘gentlemen’ said that they are hungry, so all of us acc them to have breakfast. Okay. Fine. After that, the advertisement journey began.

I never thought that asking those businessmen to place their advertisement in our magazine was this HARD. All of us were walking under the tremendous hot sun and kept on asking from shop to shop. Majority of them told us that the boss is not in. Please la, we are no longer kids okay. You sit there with your leg-crossed and you told me that you’re not the boss? Some of them said not enough budget. One of them even told me to come next time. Funny, isn’t it? Anyway, we also managed to get some of the shops to sponsor us, you know, we are talented and our communication skills are just excellent. Haha..except for the two guys. Xin jie and Cheng wei went to a shop and asked for sponsor but came out in vain. After that we went in and came out with cash. Well, life is just unfair. It’s better for both of them to realize this. You can imagine their faces and expression that time. There were some times that all of us were exhausted and have zero energy to go on, however, the sheer mention of the ‘pikutong wat’ (A temple in tumpat with a funny name that we had planned to visit after finished doing our advertisement) freshen us and continued our work. Eventually, we still managed to get RM1835 if I’m not mistaken.

Next, we went to the wat. We had our lunch there as Xin jie, hau heong and cheng wei kept on assuring us to eat there. Well, the porridge and rice there are super cheep and stingy is their inhered behaviors. Besides, I was attacked by numerous dogs there!! I was horrified and they were laughing at me. Not to mention other people who were having lunch there too!! It was so embarrassing. After the terrifying lunch, we were able to snap a few pictures in the temple before it started to rain. After we prayed, we left.

At first, we were planning to go to Pantai Sri7 as it was just miles away from the temple. However, because of time-constrain, we cancelled it and went to Tesco. The scenery along the road was so beautiful as the colour contrast between the blue sky and the yellowish green paddy field was so significant. So, we decided to take a few photos there. We still able to kind of borrow a cow from a pak cik for our photo shoots. Chatting and laughers never ceased in the car along our journey.

After a short visit in the Tesco, we had our lunch in Pizza hut. Surprisingly, they had bought a lovely cake for me without my acknowledgement as a belated birthday celebration for me! It was so so sweet!! The brilliant Xin jie placed the candle horizontally around my cake and my cake became a fire ball in a sudden. Thanks for the wild idea Xin jie!!! Because of the puasa period, there merely a few customer in the pizza hut. Despite of the hunger that overwhelming them, the workers in Pizza hut were so kind that they sang the birthday song with us and helped us to clean the tables and even helped us to snap some photos. Stupid Hau Heong even bluffed me that I must licked the icing on the cake as a good start of my 18th birthday. And I was even stupid to believe him!! We had so much fun there. Thank you my friends!!!

Lastly, we went to our math tuition with a tired body and empty mind. Till now, I still couldn’t recall what was taught yesterday at the lesson.

To be honest, at first I didn’t think that my birthday could be this happy without my besties around.Although it was not my real birthday yesterday, I considered it was. To my surprise, I received a birthday card from bear and yee wen today!! Thanks to all my friends who wished me thru hp and facebook and not to forget all of you who gave me a memorable birthday yesterday. Love you guys so so much~~

No comments:

Post a Comment